We are looking for a flexible part-time Access Support Worker (currently 1 day a week), to assist with Ray Young’s needs as a neurodivergent artist.
Ray Young is an award-winning artist and writer. Their socially engaged interdisciplinary performance practice exists on the boundaries between live art, embodied practice, and installation.
Applications from Black and/or Global Majority identifying candidates are particularly encouraged, as a shared lived experience will help with the advocacy required by the artist, as well as in recognition of the fact that these groups are underrepresented in the arts sector.
- Creating social media content & strategy
- Maintaining and updating artist’s website
- Researching grants and opportunities
- Assisting writing applications for funding and arts opportunities
- Upholding and advocating for the values and needs of the artist and fostering a supportive working environment
- Communicating clearly and accurately with the artist regarding timelines, workload, visits, deadlines, and any issues that arise
- Proofreading text/documents/emails etc
- Scribing and note-taking
- Making sure collaborators etc. have and understand artist’s access rider
- Body doubling (being present to help artist’s concentration)
- Reading aloud to assist auditory processing
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Maintaining a diary of projects, meetings, trips, and events with other team members.
- Managing project files for each production and physical storage.
- Occasionally travelling with the artist for lectures, exhibitions, and special projects.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of social media creation and strategy
- Some graphic design skills, and confidence using or learning different softwares
- Some experience of, or willingness to learn about, arts application writing, including ACE, residencies, awards etc., and writing copy
- Excellent at time management and scheduling
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Focussed and proactive
- Good problem solver
- Friendly, flexible and reliable
- Ideally experienced working with neurodiversity
- An interest in performance and creative industry is desirable but not essential
- Able to drive and with own vehicle
FURTHER JOB DETAILS:
- Job type – freelance
- Rate – £20 / hour
- Hours – 1 day a week (8 hours) likely Mondays 10am-6pm, with some flexibility required, including potential evening and weekend work. Potential for extra days for cover and project work
- 3 month probationary period
- Location – Nottingham. Some travel may be required.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to <[email protected]>
In your cover letter please:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in this role
- Outline how you think your qualities and experience meet the essential requirements
Applications in other formats are welcomed. Any audio or video submissions should be no more than 5 minutes long.
Deadline: Thursday 5th October – 5pm
Interviews: w/c 16th October